If you’ve not tried courgetti yet then you have to, now! Especially if you get that horrible bloated feeling after eating pasta. Now, I’m not going to sit here and say it tastes like pasta, it doesn’t. It tastes like courgette, doh!
But seriously, it’s close. It’s so tasty and an amazing way to get some extra veg into your diet. And a really exciting way to eat courgette’s (which can be extremely dull sometimes) is with my delicious turkey meatballs, of course.
For the Meatballs
500g turkey mince
1 small red onion – finely diced
Spinach – 2 handfuls finely chopped
Parsley – 1 lrg handful finely chopped
Lemon – zest of 1 and squeeze of juice
2 tsp dried marjoram
1 tsp Himalayan pink salt
2 cloves garlic – minced
For the sauce
1 tin of chopped tomatoes
1 clove of garlic – minced
1 red onion – finely sliced
1 small bunch of basil
Sea salt or Himalayan pink salt
For the courgetti
4 x courgettes – spiralised or julienned
1. Mix all meatball ingredients together in bowl.
2. Roll in to ball’s, 2p coin size and set aside.
3. In a large pan, heat a tbsp of olive oil. Add the meatballs, gently cooking. Browning them evenly, add the onion and garlic and fry for 1 minute. Then add the chopped tomatoes and a good splash of balsamic vinegar.
4. Gently simmer for 5-10 minutes. Adding the basil near the end and season with salt and pepper.
5. In a pot of boiling water, cook the courgetti for 30 seconds. Alternatively, add to the pan to cook with the meatballs for the last 30 seconds, heating through.
6. Serve on to a plate, pouring the meatballs of the top. Sprinkle with shredded basil.